Employer Sponsored Worker








Notice – The details of this scheme have been changed in April 2017.  We will update this page as more details come to hand.


Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) Visa

If you have an employer willing to sponsor you to work in Australia, you may be eligible for an Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) Visa that will enable you to permanently live and work in Australia.

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 Visa is for skilled workers who want to permanently live and work in Australia. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Program.

This visa has three streams:

  • Temporary Residence Transition stream – for Subclass 457 Visa holders who have worked for their employer for at least the last two years in the same occupation and the employer wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.
  • Direct Entry stream – for applicants who have never or only briefly worked in Australia.
  • Agreement stream – for applicants with a Subclass 457 Visa who are being sponsored by an employer through a labour or regional migration agreement.

To apply for this visa, you must:

  • be nominated by an approved Australian employer;
  • be younger than 50 years of age;
  • meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements.

There are some exemptions relating to age, skills and English language ability. These exemptions depend on your nominated occupation, salary and past work experience.

If you do not have an employer who will nominate you, you can lodge an “Expression of Interest” (EOI) through SkillSelect. Employers and state and territory governments can then view your details and decide whether to nominate you for skilled migration.

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 Visa

  • Permanent Residency: Yes
  • Employer Sponsored: Yes
  • Age Limit: Younger than 50
  • Skill requirements: Yes
  • English Requirements: Yes
  • Apply: Inside or Outside Australia

Contact Us for Advice On Applying for an Employer Sponsored Visa

Share This